[AGA-Announce] No AGA Convention in 2005

Looks like we need an official announcement on this. It's not a rumor. It's true. Scott has posted a link to a post he has made. I've actually had the website updated with this information for nearly a month. Sorry for not posting earlier!

It boils down to there just not being enough time to organize a convention of this magnitude in much less than a year. We can stretch things "a little", as we have done for virtually every convention since we started, but there are vendors who work out their schedule a year in advance, magazines that have 6+month lead time, hotel bookings that can't be done last minute, etc etc. It also boils down to needing a local group or club to champion the event. While we were working with the one interested local group to try and help them pull a bid/proposal together for 2005, it just wasn't coming together quickly enough to work. They're now working on a proposal for 2006, which I hope comes to fruition!

I know there were one or two people who e-mailed me and said "Man, *I* would have tried to organize something if I'd known there was going to be no convention!" Do you want to insure there is a convention in 2006,
2007 and beyond? Contact us! Organize a bid! Seriously, the groundwork starts now...

  - Erik

--
Erik Olson
erik at thekrib dot com