Re: AGA CONTEST - Digest V1 #118

(Apologies in advance for not sticking to James' agenda)
Olga, I must say that I disagree with you on this one!  I haven't been
keeping "planted tanks" for that long (less than a year), but I've been
keeping fish since I was 5 years old.  I read every source of information
about fish that I could get my hands on, and all of my tanks were
successful.  Granted, my parents paid for some of my stuff, but *I* handled
everything related to fishkeeping.  If I had had access to the information
that I have right now, I assure you that I would have 19 years experience in
the aquatic plant hobby by now.  I don't think that I am unusual in this
respect.  This may be an emotional response to your discriminatory remarks,
but please don't judge people's discipline, enthusiasm, or knowledge from
nothing but their age.  I know 8 yr olds that are more mature than some 30
yr olds, and I'm sure you do too!
Now that I'm done with my rant, I don't know if a seperate classification is
a good idea either.  Olga brings up the fact that we can't know if a tank
was in fact done by a child or if it was just submitted under a child's
name.  Although I disagree with most of her reasons, I do agree with her
that we should not have a children's catagory.

Dave Engle
Escondido (San Diego) California
I hope nothing is taken personal, like I did.  :-)