Sequencing

Roger wrote:

>Maybe I missed something.  The last topic in sequence that I remember
>discussing was E.  I don't recall coming to a consensus on F.  I don't
>recall signing off on G, H or I at all.  I don't think that G or H is
>controversial, but I may be.

>If we are going on to J, could you at least summarize what was decided
>about F (submission elements/constituents), G (submitting entries/points
>of contact), H (return of submissions) and I (copyright)?

Now, don't get your knickers in a knot Roger <g>, I _know_ that there are
other Adjenda Items which came before the ones I have put on the floor for
current discussion.

The proposed Adjenda which I posted was intended as an informal guideline,
and not a cast in stone script. The order of items in particular was not
intended to limit our developing dialogue.

When I looked at my "list" earlier this A.M., I realized that quite a bit
had been said about the skipped Adjenda Items and I wanted to be sure _at
least in my own mind_, that I was aware of everything which had been said,
and _who_ said it, before I attempted to summaraize any of them or invite
further discussion on those points.

I have just spent the past three hours going over each issue of the APD, my
mini list, my private e-mails, and the AGA-Contest-digest, cutting and
pasting everything related to this whole conversation into a series of text
files (I find a plain text file easier to deal with than using my e-mail
software for careful review of a lot of text). I want to make sure that I
have ready access to _everything_ which has been said to date, by
_everybody_ (remember, we are attempting to be as inclusive as possible),
concerning the issue of this showcase/contest.

As of right now (11:36 AM Eastern Daylight Time), I have 295 KB of text! For
the short period of time that we have been discussing this issue, that's a
LOT of words. There is certainly a lot of duplication in there, but there
may be gems which I _don't_ want to miss. I want this done RIGHT, not
necessarily RIGHT NOW.

As I told you in an earlier private e-mail, and may as well share with the
whole group now, I was re-reading your posted "Draft Proposal" and I really
liked it - you have a much better grasp of how to put together a formal
submission of this nature than I do. With my government background, any
verision I would put together would probably be too much like "lawyer-speak"
or a legislative proposal.

Hopefully, I can go through all of what has been posted to date, by
everybody, and take notes for myself to make sure that I don't miss
anybody's point of view BEFORE I shoot my own mouth off any further. I would
like, once I feel confident that I can fairly present the different points
of view expressed on each Adjenda Item, to post what I feel is the general
concencus on those Items we _have_ covered and finished with as well as give
summaries of what has already been said about those Items which we have
_not_ finished with. This should help the group avoid going over the same
ground two or three times.

Please remember that even Karen has stated that she has never been involved
with a project of this scope before. Due my job, I _have_ been involved with
large groups of geographically separate people working on big projects which
require a lot of input and consideration of varying points of view. I feel
confident in my ability to pull this off - but it shall require the patience
of Job to do so, and the consideration of those I am working with to help.

Once I can post the group's concencus of the various issues, both those on
my list and those intrroduced by others, I ask that you take them and plug
them into your Draft Proposal. As I have said, I like your style and I think
that you could produce a winning submission for consideration to the AGA MC.

I only ask, right mow, for your patience while I work through the mountain
of material that we have produced in such a short period of time.