Pauldariums

>Just to make it clear, there are _lots_ of people with paludariums who do
>not keep anything but fish and plants in them.  There's a truly awesome one
>that has been featured twice in the last 10 years in "Aquarium Heute". (and
>actually was the inspiration for my own)  It has gorgeous orchids growing
>in the upper area, and fills an entire wall of a room.

I am familiar with the original series of articles on that Plaudarium - they
covered everything from design thru construction, planting and maintenance.
It was excellent - but how many people do _you_ know who could spend what I
would guess was as least $20,000.00 on a Plaudarium???

While I certainly wouldn't mind if we got at least some Paludarium
enteries - because the subject is of interest to me but you have to admit
that it is a sub-category of a sub-category, and we risk chasing our navels
if we waste much time on it. If we get them we get them and we will accept
them, but there are likely to be far more aquariums with bubble wands and
goldfish swimming thru the plants. I say we take _those_ as well, and ANY
criticism of ANY tank be metered out with a VERY gentle hand.

James Purchase
toronto