My rewritten ideas on: Common Goals II

First of all, I'm sorry about my reference.  I didn't want to quote the
whole thing(it's rather long).  The post that I'm referring to was
"re:definition" written by James on the 17th at 14:49 according to the
archives.  The message number that I mentioned(00262) is the number that
every post in the archives has.  I thought it would be the easiest way to
look up the quote.

As for common goals:

1.  I like the concept of "showcase" and "contest" and I thought they went
hand in hand the way we've been discussing it.  If some non competitive
people are afraid of "losing" then I think that the idea of people being
able to enter the just the showcase is a fine one.  All it would take is a
check box on the entry form and, Presto!, you're not in the contest.

2. I don't think that we should prohibit *anyone* from entering. At all.
Period.  If someone submits an entry of a perfectly gorgeous submission of
"Zen rocks" that are beautifully aquascaped, but only has some duckweed
floating on the surface, we can't ban them, however, we should have
something in place to make sure that that entry doesn't win our competition.
My point is: if we have an entry that doesn't conform to our intent(aquatic
gardens) then we should have the means to ensure it doesn't do good in the
contest, BUT we shouldn't keep them from entering the contest (and certainly
not the showcase!).

Dave Engle
Escondido (San Diego) California
Non AGA Member