RE: Mock Judging Results - Ken's Points

On Tue, 10 Aug 1999, James Purchase wrote:

> Re: Point Scores and consistency between judges
>
> I think we will have to tell them that the scale for each Criteria is 0 -
> 100.

I've only been skimming much about judging to date, so I apologize if this
was brought up...

Going back to the aquarium show scorecard approach, we could easily adapt
this to solve James' dilemna.  Take a *total* score of 100 points possible
for all criteria combined, then split it up based on percentage for each
criteria (30 points this, 20 points that...).  Then on the web forms, we
use radio buttons, drop-downs or sliders to select the score points (this
being the electronic equivalent of numbers circled on scorecards). I would
suggest *not* normalizing each criteria to the same max points, but rather
keep them appropriately weighted so the judges remember how important each
category is.

[categories]

> Underwater Gardens - only natural materials allowed

Uh, we've been here before.  I don't want to go here again.  I think
everyone would be disqualified in this category.