Re: Up To Date

Let's start with the last bit first:

"I know it must be frustrating for you to be seeing things created in a
manner which is different from how you envision it.  But if I am to create
this site, please let me at least try to come up with something resembling
the whole picture before you begin to tear it apart.  I can tell from this
message that you are chomping at the bit.  I thought something was wrong
when you didn't reply to a message sent 4 days ago, even with a "cool"."

Actually, I am anxious to get moving, but I knew that Erik was busy lately
with local club stuff, so I didn't expect much in the way of movement from
him. And I thank Ken for his comments - but I AM frustrated by so many
others who don't bother to say "boo" but who I'm sure will have plenty to
say later..... but maybe that's just me...

My quiet since the 4th of the month was not caused by any lack in what I saw
posted in the photo album. A close friend of mine died last Friday and I had
spent most of my free time for the past few weeks either in the hospital or
helping his family prepare for the consequences of his passing.

"What this site DOES have in common with parts of the Plant Contest
site-to-be, is that it's completely dynamic."

I DID notice that, and it IS cool - will it work on machines which don't use
a late model version of MS IE or Netscape? Or are there too few "other"
platforms that we need worry (our prime audience is I believe home users)?

"The site I posted them
to is a personal Photo Album Site that I designed for use by myself,
friends, family and colleagues for whenever we have some new photos to
show someone."

Yes, I did miss this - I assumed this was how you intended the final site to
look. Sorry!

Regarding the "look" - I'm not insisting that the site "look" like the
material on the preliminary web-site - it looks the way it does purely
because I've tried to group things into sections and subsections which seem
logical. I don't necessarily like the "bulleted" approach, but it was the
simplest way to do it in Front Page.

"as long as it was understood that once converted,
later changes would have to be made by a text editor"

Yea, that's cool with me.

"As long as all the content is there, that
works for me. "

This is where I'd like input from the group - what I've prepared so far are
just basically pulled from the Proposal and I've made only minor changes.
But there ARE other areas need to be written and I'm open to input from
ANYBODY on what those areas should contain....

"I also took some time to learn more about database back-ending which will
make the site easier to manage."

I think this is gonna be neat.....

As for Ken's query regarding George Booth's pictures - they are there - you
can access them via the "Sample Entry"
(http://www.interlog.com/~jpurch/webs/content/Preliminary/Guidelines/SampleE
ntry/Sample1/images1.htm). Sorry, but in the "Stock Images" area, I didn't
put the hyperlink in which would lead you to George's images yet. There ARE
other pictures - the only ones I've uploaded are the ones that George
thought should be part of the "Sample Entry". The others are ours to use as
we please and if we please - that sort of thing I'll leave to Erik to
decide.