Re: Banner

Erik, I like the banner, but the cards and ashtray caused a second look.
Then a good chuckle. I also liked your "group challenge".... there's got to
be someone on this list who has a photograph of an aquascape that could be
used instead of the ashtray image....

Come on folks..... Erik needs a photograph....

As for the font issue, I really don't understand the problem (or the issue).
I know that on the mock site I used MS Trebuchet and made a big deal about
"readability", but that has more to do with text fonts in small (8 - 10
point) sizes on a computer monitor (there are only so many pixels to go
around to create smooth curves). I assume that the text overlaying the
banner graphic is a graphic which is also part of the image. Text rendered
as a graphic doesn't have to show the problem of "chunkiness". Microsoft
only makes it's web fonts available in MS Windows and Apple Mac formats,
nothing in Type 1 (Postscript). Are you saying that there is a font server
for Linux which will take a Windows format font and display it on a
Unix/Linux computer?

Again, the banner looks good. I'd prefer that the artificial aquascape used
was a different one, but I'm not going to sweat it - if someone from the
group has a better one, let them come forward.... or do we really need an
artificial aquascape there - couldn't you just use another rockscape or
aquatic garden image?

Are you going to leave the menu bar as is? i.e. "boxed"? (Not a criticism,
just a question)

It might look better if there was another blank line between the menu bar
and the beginning of the body text of the welcome message.

On another note, I liked your idea of a FAQ to handle questions like the
ones I received privately from a former list member.

James