RE: the one page release

Karen suggested:
> > Prepare a simple ONE PAGE release for the aquarium clubs that
> > states the name
> > of the event, the pertinent dates, the confirmed judges, the web
> > site address
> > and a non-Internet contact person. ( address and phone number)
> > State in the
> > flyer that all all rules and entry forms are available either
> > from the web site
> > or via the contact person.

David asked WHO the contact/phone should be. I don't mind being the contact,
however, on a ONE PAGE blurb, there is only limited space and it is kind of
sensless to waste space by listing two addresses - i.e. one for the
information contact and one for the mailing address for entries.

Unless Erik objects, I think that he should be the contact on this blurb,
but I wouldn't think it wise or necessary to list his telephone number
unless he says that it is OK. I don't want to see Erik on the telephone at
3:00 AM with someone half-way round the world who wants to ask "Can I enter
my marine aquarium?"

We don't have the budget (or the desire/intention) to mail out sets of rules
to people. We intend to direct them to the web site for that info. My
hope/desire/intention regarding non-internet people is to make them aware of
the event and give them the bare essentials of how it works. If they are
interested enough to enter, they can find a computer somewhere
(work/friend/library/school) that is hooked to the internet and check out
our web site. Don't say that the rules are available from the contact
person - they are available from the WEB only (otherwise, we'd have to be
able to mail out rulebooks and we have no budget for it).