Re: pdf

Dave wrote:
"James, did you have any other blurbs other than the condensed guideline
list?  I'm thinking that there is no way we can put all those guidelines in.
We'll have to either reference the web site, or micro-print them on a single
page (which I think could be done)."

David, once I heard from Mary McCaw regarding how TAG will deal with getting
our material out, I took the "master list" of guidelines which are at
http://www.interlog.com/~jpurch/webs/GL/Default.htm (they came from what is
on-line on the event web-site, to maintain consistency) and used that as a
base. The only changes I made was the addition of U.S.A. to the mailing
address.

>From these guidelines, I made a master which will be published in TAG. It
contains a slightly modified "Introduction", but everything else is
substantially the same. The Intro & Guidelines take up 6 pages (using the
TAG page borders) and the Entry Form, Aquascape Information Form and Photo
Release add a further 3, for a total of 9 pages.

Quite a change from 25+. The difference is partially due to differences in
border width and also due to the fact that earlier I was having each
separate GL section start on a new page (filling in the empty spaces with
Wim's photos).

Pictures are nice, but hardly necessary for this.

I am happy with the material as it stands - it matches the web site in
completeness, which is important when providing information to TAG readers
who might want to take part but don't have easy Internet access. The EF, AIF
and PR are sized and spaced so that they can be filled out by hand and
mailed in, if the entrant chooses to go this route.

As we are doing with the "blurb" I wrote for distribution to clubs, which
will also be used to notify print magazines (same "blurb", just different
recipients), I think that the material we give to TAG readers should be
available in pdf format on the web site for clubs/individuals to dowload and
print out if they wish. Same document, different format and audience but
idential information.

The only thing I am waiting for before sending this material to Mary McCaw,
is the possibility that we will hear back from more potential judges before
TAG's copy deadline. It doesn't really matter, as the info about the judges
is O.K. as it stands.

I think that the document I'm submitting to TAG could be turned into a pdf
file which would be small enough in size to be easily and quickly downloaded
(I haven't tried it yet, I've been too busy with the "blurb").

I still see areas where there is duplication, but removing it now would mean
re-doing ALL of the material on the web site and there is no way I'm going
there..... we can re-do things next year to consolidate and/or ammend the
GL.

I'll send the material to your pvt. e-mail address so you can play around
with it for yourself.