RE: Contacting Magazines

Something just occurred to me regarding how to contact the editors of the
various print magazines. Most of them are reachable via e-mail, so I could
send the notices out easily, and attach the copy of the notice as both a
.doc file and as a .txt file.

But in this day and age of computer viruses, I have heard that many people
have their e-mail programs set up to prevent acceptance of any unsolicited
e-mail which has an attachement. If this was the case, our notice would
never get where we want it to go.

How likely am I to run into this problem??? should I stick to mailing out
letters to the Editors of the magazines?