Date: Mon, 8 May 2000 09:49:38 -0700
From: Bob Hudson <BHudson@techmar.com>
To: "'erik@thekrib.com'" <erik@thekrib.com>
Subject: banners on WEB sites

Erik,

Thanks again for making the banners. I have gotten five or six smaller WEB
sites to carry it, and a couple of higher traffic sites have not yet jumped
on the band wagon. It is on my site! A couple more suggestions: Feel free to
forward this to your list if you wish.

I would strongly suggest you encourage every AGA member who has a WEB site,
big or small, to put up the banner link or talk up the contest on their
site, sites like Pushaks, Booths, Gombergs, Hoags' (sp?), Rhonda Wilson, and
THE KRIB! You will hate me for this, but clearly the Krib is a major focal
point for us layman, and if it were me I would put a banner on every page of
your site! (people enter your site from a bunch of different pages right?)
At least the start page.

Other WEB sites that some of you may have some pull with, FINS, (who knows
Mark?)Fancy Publications, Dupla, Tropica, Dernelle, Hagen, TFH, ADA... I
think its great that Mr. Christionsen of Tropica will be a judge, but if
asked would he be able to get a link put up on Tropica? Would he be able to
encourage german magazines to promote it?

I can continue to ask as many WEB sites as I know to promote it, but I dont
want to step on any toes since I am not a member of the committie, and I
dont know what I should or shouldnt say.  May I make it publicaly known who
the judges so far are going to be? I think Tropicas backing would make the
contest/showcase much more credible particularly for Europian WEB sites. My
greatest concern is that we are going to end up with a few dozen entrants
from the USA and Canada, and nothing from Europe.

>From reading your archives it sounds like James is doing a great job of
contacting magazines. Please let him know if he needs any help doing the
grunt work or following up on things I would be glad to help. I do marketing
for a living, and I have some free time right now! I'd be willing to rejoin
the list if its not to late in the game.

Best Regards,

Robert
aquabotanic.com