Re: Publicity

Erik wrote:
"What's wrong with printing out the "prizes" page?  It's got all the
graphics, which would further entice people..."

Wow! There goes a whole _bunch_ of ink cartridges..... lol

I know that we are trying to entice people to enter, using the Prizes as a
sort of bait, but let us not loose sight of the fact that this is (in my
mind anyway), first and foremost, a SHOWCASE, and meant as a friendly place
for people to SHARE their ideas about aquascaping.

I have received private e-mails from people from all over the place asking
questions about this event and you would be surprised at the number of those
e-mails which contain the statment "I'm more interested in the Showcase than
in the Contest..."

A lot of people are going to be intimidated if we put too much stress on the
competition. Let's continue to stress the FUN and the SHARING and the
LEARNING aspects of this. Believe me, the competitive folks will find the
list of prizes......

That being said, I _do_ want the Contest portion of this to be one heck of a
show.....