RE: Sept. 30th

On Sat, 9 Sep 2000, James Purchase wrote:

> > > If reserving a spot is not possible, can we send a "not so good"
> > picture now and
> > > update with a better picture latter?
>
> This is something that I thought of a few weeks ago - encourage them to
> register and let them post pics later or post whatever pics they have now
> and allow them to be replaced later (but BEFORE the 30th of September) but I
> don't know if this would cause Erik extra work. If it WOULD cause extra work
> for Erik, then I'm not agreeable to it, he's going to have enough to do
> without adding to his burden

Of COURSE it's going to cause extra work. :)  It's a law of Physics.
Basically, it boils down to having to re-nudge all the new photographs
into the entry, deal with potential new captions, etc.  I'd rather they
send the best they have on September 30th.  But they gotta know there's
that danger of not making the cutoff.  So really, it'd probably be better
to send their best on September 15th; that's what I would do.

  - Erik
   Back from mini-vacation, gotta go pick up another entry sent by
registered mail in 1/2 hour... they're starting to come in, folks!