2 1/2 weeks to go......

O.K. folks.... there are 2 1/2 weeks to go before the cut-off date for
submissions.... have we forgotten anything..... or can anyone think of
anything that remains undone? This is my first trip down this particular
road, so I'm not exactly sure and would like to know if there is anything
that any of you can think of that remains to be done before the 30th.

1. I assume that Erik is continuing his work both on registration of
entrants and web design for the judge's section of the site. Not much I can
do to help with the web site design, but Erik, is there anything I can do to
help you with anything else? I'm sort of at loose ends here.... nothing to
do.....(other than stir up trouble on the APD....).

2. Continue to get the word out..... EVERYONE can help here......talk to
people in the hobby that might not necessarily be into plants but might like
to enter - artificial and habitat type tank categories sound like they could
do with some competition. It might be an idea to send a short reminder note
to the list of aquarium clubs... nothing special required, just remind them
of the event, the closing date, the web site and invite them to "Come on
down.....".

I will be making another announcement on the APD and in USENET before the
end of the month.

3. If we DON'T get the full subscription of 250 entries by the 30th, should
we consider extending the deadline to the 15th of October????? Would it even
matter?

4. I have yet to contact the judges as a group and thank them for agreeing
to be involved (I'll need Kaspar Horst's e-mail address, if Karen is reading
this, please send it to me privately). I think it might be nice to just let
them know that we appreciate their effort and review what we expect of them
(their honest opinions, following the "Guidelines" from the web-site,
etc.......) and the mechanics of how this judging bit will work. It would
probably be best to let Erik finish the site before I do any of this.

5. Once we have the final figures for the number of entries in each
category, we can turn our attention to the ordering of Ribbons. I have the
material (somewhere...) from the company which sells them and we can decide
which ones and how many we will need. They only need a short lead time for
this, so we shall have plenty of time before the 30th of November and this
doesn't have to be looked at until after the closing date.

6. Prize allocation is something that we can discuss later and I don't think
it can be "nailed down" until we actually see the winning entries. It would
be kind of dumb to give an expensive CO2 regulator to someone who submitted
as an entry a 10 gallon tank with plastic plants (or would it????). Also, if
we don't get entries in each category, that means that we shall have extra
prizes. Since I believe that we decided that we want to spread the wealth
around as much as possible, it would probably be better if we made some
"Runner Up" or "Honorable Mention" awards rather than just giving the
winners multiple items, but this is open to discussion from everyone and I'm
open to suggestion.

Anything else??????