Re: [61] Need some more "rulings"

Wow, are those sixty one fully completed entries?  I'm impressed!

My thoughts:

> 1. Someone entered in the natural/biotope category a paludarium.  Or
it
> could be viewed as an open-top aquarium with lots of space at the
top.
> Tempted to let it stand, since it really is a biotope tank, possibly
the
> FIRST actual one in the show.
Well, if it fits in the category it was submitted under, then I say
let it stay there.  It's pretty easy for an aquarium to fit into two
or even three of the categories...

> 2. Someone entered a digitally retouched photo.  No-no, right?  Can
we
> just remove the one and ask them to re-submit a different one?  I
would
> assume that would be OK; no need to be heavy-handed until after
tonight...
Do you get the impression that he/she tried to "sneak" it by you?  Or
is it really obvious?  Does it look like the change was to improve the
appearance of the entry or was it just to remove, perhaps, a copyright
from the image?   I think we can be "nice" and ask for a different
image, unless it was a "sneaky" move, in which case I would vote for
instant disqualification.  If it's not obviously sneaky, then I say we
ask for an untouched image.
Dave Engle
Jacksonville, NC
Visit the Aquatic Plant Trading Board at:
http://coolboard.homestead.com/myboards.cfm?oid=2018519504483
or (if you can't remember that...)
http://www.PlantTrader.homestead.com