Re: Photo Release

On Mon, 16 Oct 2000, James Purchase wrote:

> Could you please send me (or post it here) the exact wording of the Photo
> Release Form that the entrants had to sign? My copy is gone with a failed
> hard drive.

It's covered.  It says "various other hobby-related publications" and one
of the purposes is "to illustrate the aquascaping of aquaria".

> Dave G. has asked if he could print an article and/or photos in PAM5,

Interesting turn of events... no... must... stop... self... from...
making... snide... comment... here.

I think it's OK to have one or two photos and a little buzz article in
PAM, but our primary focus should be TAG.  That means MORE and EARLIER.

Say, this time around did he offer to pay you as an author for the
article, or does he still want you us pay him as an advertiser? (Oh drat!
Couldn't resist!)

> I guess there is also the issue of whether or not this should first of all
> be announced and published in TAG (before anywhere else) to consider. I
> should probably contact Mary to find out her publishing schedule for the
> next few issues of TAG.

Yes, it should absolutely without a doubt be announced and featured in TAG
first. In fact, I think we should work with Mary to make sure we have
everything needed to this end, and help speed up the process so Q4's TAG
gets out on time (by December).  The Q3 TAG is a bit late, but I think is
in the can now.

Anyway, I think this is the sort of thing that might merit extra color
pages and a nice feature article by one (or both) of us to lead in.  What
we should probably do now is find out whether she wants to run the
categories all at once, or just the 1st place, or maybe one classification
per month for the next 4 issues?  (Mary: We broke the entries down into
six categories, three sizes of Aquatic Gardens, plus all sizes of
Paludariums, Artificial Aquascapes, and Natural/Biotope Aquaria.) We have
enough material here for an entire year or more!

  - Erik

CC: AGA Management Committee, so Mary gets this message