Plaque preview #2

As I mentioned earlier, I wasn't too impressed with the preview provided by
plaquemaker.com. I did some fooling around with MS Publisher last night and
the results can be viewed at
http://www.interlog.com/~jpurch/webs/plaque/index.html

In this preview, there is a green border around the edge and the words "Best
of Show" are in red. This could easily be changed to using all black, if
anyone thinks that HP Deskjet inks are not permanent enough for our purposes
here. Another possibility could be to use a color photocopy of the printed
output - maybe the inks used by high end color photocopiers have a longer
life than injet printers.

I _could_ just contact plaquemaker.com and point them to the preview and ask
them how close they can duplicate it (in black ink on gold metal) for one of
their plaques, rather than going to the local plaque source (which uses a
sheet of paper under laminated plastic over board).

Or, I could just scrap the idea and order 2 more rosettes from hodges - but
these couldn't have the person's name on them.

Comments?

James