Update

Just to bring everyone up to speed on what's going on.....

So far as I can tell, the judging process is proceeding just fine, with an
expected ending date of somewhere around the 25th of November (could be a
few days more, too early to tell).

I've ordered the ribbons, they are expected here either by the 30th or
shortly thereafter (a lot depends upon the post office).

I'm working on a new Intro and a Prize List page for the web site. If anyone
wants to see a preliminary version of the Prize Page, please go to
http://www.interlog.com/~jpurch/webs/TAG/Default.htm . I should just be able
to plug the winners' names, cities and countries in this and then shoot a
copy off to Erik for posting to the web site. This will also form part of an
insert in TAG, together with some photos and "words".

I have ordered the plaques for the Judges and once we have a name for the
Best of Show winner, I'll order that one as well. These things only take a
week from order to delivery. The one for People's Choice can be ordered in
mid December but I probably won't mail it out until early January, to avoid
the worst of the Christmas mail crunch. These plaques are all individualized
with the recipient's name.

Sorry Dave, about the fact that you can't "pre-pack" much yet - a lot
depends upon who wins the packages with the AquaBotanic and Aquarium
Driftwood gift certificates - hopefully I should just be able to pull a
quick switch with other similarly valued items. But I really don't have any
idea of who will win what so I don't want to cause you to have to break
apart boxes at the last minute. Maybe next year we should insist on no
restrictions.

ASAP following the 30th, I will be contacting each of the winners (via
e-mail) and letting them know what they have won and detailing how we intend
to get it to them (i.e. shipped from the donor or David or me). Once I have
the ribbons, I will send them out together with any gift certificates and or
merchandise items I have here. For prizes which willl be shipped to the
winner by the donor company, I shall have to confirm the individual's
mailing address.

I will then have to contact each donor company to both thank them for
participating and make arrangements regarding shipping of goods where
necessary.

David, on shipping..... you had wondered about Insurance earlier..... how
much would "proof of delivery" receipts add to our mailing costs? (That's
where the post office gets a signature to prove that the item was
delivered). Might be cheaper than insuring each package and I think that the
post office automatically is on the hook for around $200.00 if it damages or
loses something (at least, Canada Post is).

James