Re: Next years sponsers...

On Wed, 13 Dec 2000, James Purchase wrote:

> > They don't get more impressive...  It's doing a nice slow taper-off at
> > this point, as one would expect.  From ~600 visits on November 30th and
> > December 1st, it is down to 160-200 visits on the 9th.  My guess is that
> > things will level off soon.
>
> > Well, those numbers aren't so great.  I just whipped up stats for the
> > "prizes" page only.  During the month of November before the 30th,
> > it got about 5 hits a day.  On November 30th, it got 48 hits.  For
> > December 1-9 it's been averaging around 21 hits per day.
>
> Would'nt that indicate that folks are more interested in seeing the
> aquascapes than they are in seeing the prizes? I certainly HOPE so.

As it should be.

Many of these manufacturers donate this sort of thing to local clubs, and
hardly get any exposure at all; I don't think we'll have much trouble
wooing them next year.  And as David noted, instead of saying 20 visitors
per day, we can always say 600 visitors per month...

Oh, and more stats: The prizes page has had 1440 hits total since May;
before the opening of the showcase, it averaged 160-230 hits per month.
We've gotten more than that in the first 9 days of December so far.