Re: 2002 Aquatic Gardeners Association Aquascaping Contest (Reminder!) (fwd)

Promoting the contest and convention together was a great idea, IMHO.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: 6 Sep 2002 11:34:26 -0000
From: Tim Cincotta <info@aquatic-plants.org>
To: Dave VanderWall <dave@vanderwall.org>
Subject: Re: 2002 Aquatic Gardeners Association Aquascaping Contest
    (Reminder!)

Dave:

Thanks for the reminder. I'm not sure if we have any members
submitting tanks in the contest, but we should have about 5 people at
the November conference. Hope to meet you there.

Regards,

Tim Cincotta
timcincotta@msn.com

On Thu, 5 Sep 2002 17:36:04 -0500, "Dave VanderWall"
<dave@vanderwall.org> wrote :

> Dear Dallas-Ft. Worth Aquatic Plant Club,
>
> I am sending this email message to remind you that the deadline for
our contest is September 15th, 2002.  Please visit our web site at
http://showcase.aquatic-gardeners.org/ for full details.

> The Aquatic Gardeners Association is an international organization
of aquatic plant enthusiasts dedicated to increasing the interest in
and knowledge of aquatic plants and their maintenance in aquariums
and garden ponds.  The AGA produces a bi-monthly journal called The
Aquatic Gardener and maintains a web site at http://www.aquatic-
gardeners.org/ .

> Each year, the AGA holds two major events:
> ·     the AGA International Aquascaping Contest, a web-based
showcase of planted and aquascaped aquariums,
> ·     the AGA Conference, an opportunity for hobbyists to meet and
hear other enthusiasts and experts discuss all aspects of aquatic
gardening.  This year's conference will be held in Houston, Texas,
this November 8 ? 10.  (See the web site at http://www.aquatic-
gardeners.org/convention.html)

> It is quite possible that the members of your group will be
interested in one or both of these events and/or the organization
itself.  Remember, the deadline for our contest is less than 2 weeks
away!

> The aquarium hobby has always been based upon the sharing of our
mutual interests.  We would like to encourage the members of your
group to join us and further the appreciation of aquariums and
aquatic gardening.