Re: Contest close redux

On Wed, 18 Sep 2002, Anthony Baker wrote:

> I think that one way to increase the # and quality of entries would be to
> have the closing date somewhere in the early spring...  I know I for one
> spend more time on my tanks in the winter and they generally look great in
> Spring, but summer heat and vacations can take their toll by September...
>
> Just a thought.

Yeah, I understand that too.  I actually entered my tank from last Spring,
because it's fallen into disrepair over the summer.

One downside of this would be that it'd be competing directly with Amano's
contest, and now also Robert Hudson's "Aquascaping Excellence Awards".

Another downside is that we wouldn't be able to time the announcement with
the convention.

> Also, is there any way for us to preview our entries, or is it pretty much
> too late?  I tried logging on this morning to make sure the pics I uploaded
> last night came out okay, but it didn't work.

Nope, preview is over once I flip the "closed" switch and start prepping
the entries for the judges.  (Hey, anyone want to help me spell-check
plant names?)

The pictures look good. :)