[AGA Contest] Getting Started with this year's contest

Hi folks,

Every year it seems I end up taking too long in getting started on the
aquascaping contest, and this year is no exception.  Better late than
never, though.

Please reply to this e-mail if you are still interested in helping out
with this year's AGA Aquascaping Contest.  Some of the bits that need to
be ironed out before this year's site goes live:

1. promotion, tie-in with the convention.  Currently we have Ghazanfar on
this list, and perhaps he can give an update on what GWAPA is doing and
wohat they would like from us as "the contest people".

2. promotion, individual.  I think Dave has volunteered to help out with
this.

3. promotion, forums.  Thanks Carlos for offering to help on this in a
similar manner to which you're promoting the AB contest at the moment!

4. Biotope category. Steven Pituch (winner of the 2001 biotope entry, and
IMHO the one who has taken the category most to heart in the four years of
the contest) has some suggestions for the category that he put into a word
document (and I've now forgotten the URL).  I would like to work some of
the ideas into at *minimum* a "suggestions" document for would-be biotope
keepers.  But I would like to have some more eyes check this out and give
opinions on if some of the suggestions should also be made into formal
rules.  Steven, can you post or send a link to the URL again?

5. Logo for the year.  So we've had "morphing diversity" in 2000, "Tanks A
Lot" in 2001, "Ingredients of an aquascape" in 2002, and "Design into
action" for 2003.  Suggestions for this year's "theme" on the masthead?

6. JUDGES.  Need ideas on people.  We try to have a different group each
year, though Karen has always offered to be a reserve in case someone
drops out (and clearly this has happened!).  In the past we've tried to
get one or two people who are also participating in the convention, so
they can be present for the awards presentation.  Jan Bastmeijer is right
out -- asked him once before and he said he's no aquascaper.  But Amano
has offered, so he might be one possibility.  Other ideas?

I *think* that's about all.  That should be plenty.  I'd like to open up
the site officially June 1st.  We have a little time, but it'll continue
to fly by quickly.  Don't forget to reply if you are left over from last
year's list and are still interested in staying on!