RE: [AGA Contest] Getting Started with this year's contest

Erik,

2. promotion, individual.  I think Dave has volunteered to help out with
this.

3. promotion, forums.  Thanks Carlos for offering to help on this in a
similar manner to which you're promoting the AB contest at the moment!

I've been working on both of these.

4. Biotope category. Steven Pituch (winner of the 2001 biotope entry, and
IMHO the one who has taken the category most to heart in the four years of
the contest) has some suggestions for the category that he put into a word
document (and I've now forgotten the URL).  I would like to work some of
the ideas into at *minimum* a "suggestions" document for would-be biotope
keepers.  But I would like to have some more eyes check this out and give
opinions on if some of the suggestions should also be made into formal
rules.  Steven, can you post or send a link to the URL again?

Steve and I have also been working on this one.

6. JUDGES.  Need ideas on people.  We try to have a different group each
year, though Karen has always offered to be a reserve in case someone
drops out (and clearly this has happened!).  In the past we've tried to
get one or two people who are also participating in the convention, so
they can be present for the awards presentation.  Jan Bastmeijer is right
out -- asked him once before and he said he's no aquascaper.  But Amano
has offered, so he might be one possibility.

That would be wonderful!

Other ideas?

Yes, me.  I would very much like to judge this year.

Best,
Phil