RE: [AGA-Contest] Sponsors and DFWAPC

Whatever is decided, let me know. I'm working on getting some kind of contribution from my club. Should be a reasonable amount for a starting club.

Bailin

From: "Phil Edwards" <biotypical@hotmail.com>
To: aga-contest@thekrib.com
Subject: [AGA-Contest] Sponsors and DFWAPC
Date: Sat, 11 Jun 2005 09:46:16 -0400

I think DFWAPC should have first crack at whatever sponsorship they want, simply because it was them who first brought up the idea. Personally, I'd like to see the original idea go forward, it was a really neat one. It's Ricky's deal to tell if he wants too.

As far as other sponsors and finacials, the convention vendor fees are what help us make up a large portion of costs which in turn makes us money. With the lack of a convention this year we're looking toward the category sponsors to make up for that lack. Please forgive me if I seem greedy or money hungry, I'm just trying to do my job in getting as much income for the AGA as possible. We have some very interesting prospects for new projects, but they require money.

While I would personally prefer to see clubs take precedence in a project like this on a philosophical level, the fact is what is a lot to a club, is a drop in the bucket to businesses. What if we did a co-sponsorship such as the X-Large category was brought to you by Seachem and [the letters] DFWAPC. I learned that from Sesame Street. :) I'd like to see a business and a club get mutual headlining and association. It could build some good will for the future. The business would foot the bill for the 1st place prize and the club would do the 2nd place.

How's that sound?