[AGA-Contest] Fw: [Aga-forums] AGA Aquascaping Contest results

* * * * * * * * *

----- Forwarded Message ----
From: marine590622 <aga-forums@thekrib.com>
To: aga-forums@thekrib.com
Sent: Thursday, February 1, 2007 5:10:42 PM
Subject: Re: [Aga-forums] AGA Aquascaping Contest results

Ah,,, well I can see where my use of the word "forum" would lead to that
confussion.

Earlier in this thread Erik and Phillip where bouncing an idea back and forth
about the lack of comments from the judges being part of the reason the AGA may
not be seeing as many entries as we would like.

The counter point was that if you opened the content section of the showcase up
to just anyone's comments the AGA may be setting itself up for a lawsuit.

While it is true the AGA forums are open to those who have registered, not all
who participate in the contest are AGA members.

So what I envisioned was on the page where you are viewing an entry submission
below the section for judges comments we would have a section for AGA members
comments, or some such...

Perhaps it is only a subset of the registered forum members who are invited to
post here, but the idea would be to ensure that every entry would recieve
comments on the entry.  And those comments would be viewable on the showcase
page...

In conjunction with this reorganization of the page we could also ask the
entrants if they have any issues they are soliciting comment on.

For instance an entry in the large tank category might attempt to use platues
within the aquascape to allow them to have some high light level plants
suspended near the surface in a low light tank, and want to solicit comments on
those techniques specifically.   (something I have been playing with)

That in conjunction with another idea I saw posted which was to allow for the
submission of additional supporting information which would not be judged, but
would allow others viewing the showcase to more fully appreciate what the
entrant was trying to achive might make the experience more inviting.

Read this topic online here:

http://forum.aquatic-gardeners.org/viewtopic.php?p=4029#4029