From: Bailin Shaw <bailin_shaw@hotmail.com>
To: AGA Contest <aga-contest@thekrib.com>
Sent: Wednesday, June 6, 2007 12:58:32 AM
Subject: [AGA-Contest] Opening Announcement.

Fellow Aquascapers,

It is with great pleasure that the Aquatic Gardeners Association announces the
opening of the Eighth annual AGA International Aquascaping Contest on June
15th, 2007.  As in the past, the contest will showcase some of the most
striking and unique aquascapes the world over and is often introduces the
newest styles and designs emerging in the hobby today.  We at the AGA hope to
have another record turnout for the 2007 aquascaping contest and look forward
to seeing the aquascapes as they are entered into the contest.  We will
announce the winners in November 2007. Details can be found at:  [insert web
address here]

As in the past, you may submit entries via the internet, which makes for easier
processing.  We must emphasize some the following points:

1. Your photo(s) cannot be included in the contest unless you sign by hand a
Photo Release Form. A digital signature is not sufficient. However, the signed
form can be mailed or scanned and emailed per the instructions on the Contest
web page
2.  Please use your legal name.  Awards are by bank draft and cannot be cashed
unless made out to your legal name.
3.  Please do not add copyrights or signatures in any photos.
4.  Please do not add borders to the individual photos or create a mosaic of
photos of the aquascape.

By observing these rules, you will make the job of judges and uploading of the
aquascapes to the contest showcase much easier for everyone involved.

Finally, as in the past, this contest is only successful due to the efforts of
the contest chairperson and his crew of volunteers.  For this year's contest to
be equally successful and meet the standards set in previous years, the AGA
again needs volunteers to help with a wide variety of duties required to make
the contest run smoothly.  We need some dedicated individuals to take the lead
on 4 basic committees:  Ribbons, Advertising, Graphic Design, and Sponsors,
finding Judges.  Except for judging, the duties will take little time and
effort but your efforts will be an important part in making this contest a
success.  So, join in the fun!

We look forward to seeing the many wonderful aquascapes in the coming months
and am sure we will be as surprised with some of the aquascapes as we have been
in the past.

Sincere Regards,
Bailin Shaw
Aquascaping Contest Chair