Re: [AGA-Contest] AGA-Contest Digest, Vol 25, Issue 5

Cheryl wrote:

> How about KL, the Moss Guy? Although I guess not if Justin is judging.
> Same country.

He's been pretty insistent with me that he's not very good at aquascaping...
That's why the photos that have gone with his articles have all been taken
at that store near him.

> Tony Gomez, Jay Luto, and Nathan Freedenberg were pretty vocal with
> their dissatisfaction last year. Let 'em step up.

Hasn't Tony done it once? (not that that precludes him doing it again)  I
don't know anything about Nathan, nor do I know anything about Jay's
ability/knowledge of aquascaping.  I

> How about a newbie? Or the Plamen Petrov, the Bulgarian guy who won
> Medium last year. Great way to make nice regarding the unfortunate
> copyright incident, but he doesn't speak English. Maybe if Nikolay or
> his friend Dido were also on board for translating.

It _would_ be nice to have a t least one Eurpean involved.

> How about Jyrki Granath, the Finnish guy. He speaks English.

That sounds even better!<g>

Scott wrote:

> What about the guy that won the iron aquascaper?

George Lo.  He judged last year. (Hey, weren't you guys sitting there during
comments? ;-)  Again, doesn't mean we couldn't use him again, just a
comment.

But we _haven't_ used Guy Oei from Albany Aquarium.  I suspect he'd be
honored, I think he'd be good, would not be influenced by having seen some
of the aquascapes on the web previously.  (This is not to say people don't
try to judge fairly even when they know the entrants, but one of the reasons
I try to stay off the aquascaping areas of the forums to a large extent is
that I feel funny about seeing an aquascape and thinking, "Oh, I know who
did that one.")  His store tanks aren't the fanciest, but OTOH, he's beeen
in the business for more years than many currently in the hobby have been
alive.  He has a fantastic artistic sense... I've seen this personally when
Tom took Ole, Troels and me to visit his home.

Karen