From: "Bailin Shaw" <bailin_shaw@hotmail.com>
To: aga-contest@thekrib.com
Subject: Re: [AGA-Contest] Judges
Date: Sat, 07 Jul 2007 04:53:47 +0000

Thanks for the suggestions. Here are a few small changes as suggested by Erik. Cheryl, I'm having a heck of a time opening the list of people who helped in the past. Could you resend that list again. I'm wondering if I did something weird the last time I saved the document.

Who is subscribed to this list at this time? Could people chime up so I can get an idea of who I can contact for help? Zoe, you mentioned that you'd be willing to help with advertising to variuos forums. Would you like to help with adding this blurb to a list of forums I haven't had a chance to get onto? We can split that list from Scott. If anyone else is on this list, please chime in.

Also, what do we have open for the contest with regards to sponsorship of prizes on categories. NEAPS would like to sponsor one of the categories. How much is required for sponsorship?

Look over the revision and if looks good, I'll start getting this out to the various forums I'm already enlsited with.

Thanks all!  Back to bed now.
Bailin

Hello Aquascapers,

It has been three weeks since the opening of the AGA International Aquascaping Contest and we have already received several completed aquascapes for this years contest. At this rate, competition for this year's cash prizes - including the $150 prize for Best of Show - may be quite stiff by the September 30th deadline. We looks forward to seeing more and more incredible aquascapes roll in during the next several months.

The past success of the contest was defined by the volunteers that helped with the advertising, the awards and judge procurement, and other duties that were necessary to make the contest flow smoothly. For the 2007 contest, the AGA is again in dire need of people who can donate a very small amount of time to help with the things that need to be done for this year?s contest. Be a part of making this year?s contest as successful as the past contest.

If you have 10 spare minutes a week, please email us: bailin_shaw@hotmail.com

I look forward to hearing and working with all of you.

With kind regards,
Bailin Shaw
AGA Contest Chair

Congratulations Bailin!

I'd be a little more upbeat about the early entry phenomenon (which I'm quite jazzed about), and mention the prizes (always important for some). One possibility (albeit busy):

"It has only been three weeks since the opening of the AGA International Aquascaping Contest and we have already received several completed entries. At this rate, competition for the cash prizes, including $150 for Best of Show, maybe quite lively by the September 30th deadline."

PS: Masthead is on the site now.

  - Erik