Re: [AGA-Contest] Contest update and forum updates.

On Tue, 31 Jul 2007, Bailin Shaw wrote:

still a need for additional prizes. Also, what are the advertising needs for periodicals like FAMA, TFH, etc?

I think one of the needs may be that you have it more than three months in advance, so it's not going to happen this year. :)

Finally, I have some people I'd like to invite onto the contest list. These are people who responded about helping with the postings in the forums and any additional help they could provide.

Invites sent!

With less than two months until the deadline for the 2007 AGA International Aquascaping Contest, it’s time to get those tanks pruned and ready for pictures. To date, there have been more than 20 aquascapes already entered into this year’s contest. So, it is sure to be another great year of outstanding aquascapes with some stiff competition in a number of categories.

It's 29 now.

The hard job of judging these aquascapes will again fall to a panel of esteemed judges. For 2007, we have our first representative from Australia to critique the tanks, AGA member, Eddie Tootle. Also for this year, we have 2005’s Best of Show winner for the AGA Aquascaping Contest, Justin Law. In addition to Justin, the USA’s own Tony Gomez will also be one of our judges for this year’s contest. And of course, the AGA’s own, Karen Randall will be the final judge for the contest. Karen rounds out a dynamic group of judges who have years of experience and accolades to back up their assessment of this year’s tanks.

I agree with Scott, take out the judge names. I'd add a small blurb about the cash prizes. The kids these days seem to like the cash prizes.