Re: [AGA-Contest] Sponsorship...

So far we have $50 from NEAPS and $250 from Hydropolis.

We pool the money donated money, add from the AGA general funds if necessary, and award prizes for the amounts we have already announced. If any sponsor want sto lay claim to a partilcular category or set of categories, I think they can take whatever they want that isn't already claimed. If you want to "merchandise" them at say, $50 a catergory so that a $100 donor could pick two, that's up to you, afaic. Best of show is already claimed by Hydropolis.

Well I take back what's been announced is this:
"What are the Prizes?

Ribbons for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place in each category and class.
Additionally, we often contact aquarium related businesses for prize donations (merchandise, vouchers, gift certificates, etc.) which will be distributed amongst the category winners and Best of Show. This is sometimes a complicated matter as winners are located all around the world and shipping can be difficult on some donations. "

which is stated on this page:

http://showcase.aquatic-gardeners.org/2007.cgi?&op=showpage&name=faq

Which looks like old text but maybe it's supposed to be because it's the FAQ.  In any event, I thought we had set prizes thusly:

""For 1st, 2nd, 3rd place and best in show selections, awards will be cash, paid through PayPal only. $100 for 1st place, $75 for 2nd, $50 for 3rd, and $150 for Best in show. Void where prohibited."

Maybe we had decided to remain silent onthe amounts. Anyway, that's what I think the prize amounts should be.

Something is failing me, but I can't remember what,

sh