[AGA-Contest] Status of Contest Awards

The Awards delivery has been remarkably effective this year. We typical have at least a half dozen award checks that are not cashed -- always foreign winners where transaction costs might make cashing the checks less worthwhile or whose address lost something in translation. This year, using Paypal, there are only 3 unclaimed awards as of today and I know at least one of those will be claimed.

There have been a few glitches but nothing serious so far.  Some folks didn't understand that the email address used to submit entries would be used to send awards. We can work on the next time. We had I think 3 or 4 email address corrections--does everyone have a zillion addresses these days?

While it's true it costs the AGA less when we are less effective at delivering awards, I still think of the switch to awards-via-paypal as a successful turn.
Thanks for your help folks,
sh