Re: [AGA-Contest] suggestion for showcase.aquatic-gardeners.org

On Fri, 18 Sep 2009, Ben Cooper wrote:

Hi, I love the serenity and beauty of the tanks that your members create.  Very
nice.

I've looked around your website for info of where the upcoming competition is, and
can't find it anywhere.  Is it in
Seattle?  How do people transport their tanks?  Or do contestants keep their tanks
at home and submit pictures?
This info would add value to your site to me, a curious passer-by.

Keep up the good work,
  Ben

It's entirely online. There's no way one could transport 200 aquariums to one city, let alone some convention center... and then there's the issue of how long it takes for the tank for fill in -- several weeks (or even months) from planting to viewing.

But I see your point -- the contest has been going on for 10 years, and some of the things we probably wrote in Contest #1, such as "Take 5 photographs of your aquarium and mail them, along with this filled-out form describing the aquascape", has probably worked its way out of the introduction page.

Perhaps it is time for one of us to write up a "What's going on here?" page for folks who have stumbled on the contest for the first time.

Regards,

Erik Olson                                                        Sent from my
crusty old Linux box