From: owner-aga-member@thekrib.com
[mailto:owner-aga-member@thekrib.com]On Behalf Of Todd Gearhart
Sent: Wednesday, August 29, 2001 1:23 PM
To: aga-member@thekrib.com
Subject: Re: Very Cool Underwater World!

Monica,

Saying that it's a "cool project I'm working on" sure sounds like you have a
vested interest in it. I have no problem against advertising stuff like that
*if* you have no vested interest in it (which I just found out you don't).
Your original email implies otherwise. I simply thought that you were doing
paid endorsement for the company (i.e. the company was paying you to write
it). Please accept my apology, and maybe next time, it might help to clearly
state that you aren't being paid by the company. Again, my apologies for
possibly assuming to much (and being overly protective of a discussion list
don't want to see filled up with paid endorsements). I hope there was no
harm
done.

Todd Gearhart
www.toddg.net

On Wednesday 29 August 2001 15:25, you wrote:
> Spamming people would imply that I have a vested interest in the company
> which I don't.  I do want to grow the community -- because more users =
> more fun. It's not a glorified screensaver. It's a free peer-to-peer ocean
> where your fish are software agents that can roam the world.  It is cool
if
> you're an aquarium and computer enthusiast, like myself. And, ToddG, your
> Website implies that you also like these things but I am truly sorry if I
> bothered anyone.  I thought that message boards were about sharing ideas
> and with this one about fish specifically.
>

> MMc
>
> www.daliworld.net

am