Re: Legal Question

On Wed, 31 Oct 2001, James Purchase wrote:

> > I suppose the thing to do is ASK the
> > publisher in these cases.
>
> OK, I can understand that - but in many cases, the publishers are long gone.

Hmm, if it's a REALLY old article, the copyright may have actually
expired, but I'd want to know at which date this kicks in.  Used to expire
fairly quickly, but more recently copyright law has been expanding more
and more, so that it may take 100 years or longer for current works to
enter public domain.

Being an archive buff myself, I really like the idea of having
reproductions of "historical" documents relating to the hobby.  Not just
quotes or reprints, like was done in TAG a few years ago, but the original
layout.  I would certainly lend my support to such a project if we could
do it legally.

  - Erik

--
Erik Olson