Re: sprouting bulbs

Robert ---

I know that this may seem to be an obvious question, but what does the interior
of a barclaya bulb which hasn't sprouted after a year look like (i.e. does the
bulb look like it's hydrated and just hasn't sprouted, or is it dead inside)?

I have a culture of freshwater bristleworms and feed them boiled wheat grains.
The worms don't consume the entire grain; they burrow into the wheat grain, and
eat out the interior, leaving the exterior intact.

Jerry