[AGA Member] RE: Foreign substance

It looks very well organized and purposeful. I have since grabbed one of
the threads with tweezers and picked it up out of the water. It held up
nice and firmly although the threads collapsed like wet hair while it
was out of the water. I also noticed while I had it out of the water
that there is a jelly like clear material around the core about twice
the core diameter. I dropped it back into the cup and it went right back
into it's spherical floating shape. It definitely seems to be designed
to float away on the water current. I set the cup on the window sill.
Maybe it will hatch/sprout.