Re: [AGA Member] Water Temperate & Chiller Units

I have considered it but haven't used one.

My tanks rise up around 81-83 degrees when the room temp
reaches 78, which is where the house central air
conditioning turns on.

While not ideal for some fish and plants, I haven't really
noticed significant ill effects.  The cost of a chileer,
not to mention the substantial draw on electrical current
seems to costly just to move the tank temp down a couple of
degrees.

An inexpensive chiller that was very efficient would be
nice but I haven't heard of one.

How hot do yours get?  What's the room temp.

Scott H