RE: [AGA Member] Red Pigment-K spectrum experiment

Its worth mentioning that the reason strong light is associated with red
color in plants may be due to a shortage of nitrogen (caused by higher
growth from higher light) causing a lack of green pigments & permitting the
natural red pigments to be more visible. Dark pigment adaptations probably
result from plants evolving protection from UV present in strong sunshine.
Red plants in our aquariums typically would grow emersed under natural
conditions. You can actually grow a number of terrestrial plants under water
if you have CO2 supplementation. I've had lawn grass sprout & grow
completely under water.

Steve P