Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 10:59:37 -0500
From: Frank and Carol Cowherd <cowherd2@earthlink.net>
To: AGA Member <owner-aga-member@thekrib.com>
Subject: Re: AGA Member - Digest V1 #137

Is there a good web site to help identify plants?  i have a small
corkscrew vallisneria that I would like to know the scientific name.  I
gather from the searches I have done that there is a lot of confusion.
I am convinced that it is not V americana based on its size.  And V
spiralis is considered by some as another name for V americana or vise
versa.

Also i recently purchased a mellon sword at a local club auction.  Is
there any site that walks you through characteristics to determine what
Echinodorus it  might be?  Depending on the growing conditions I know
the appearance of these plants can be different.

I hope this is not hopeless.

LOL

Frank Cowherd
in Southern Maryland