Re: [AGA Member] Re: fish/plant light

I'm not sure which bulbs you have. I assume your old bulbs
were standard 2' 20 watt T12 bulbs (1.5" diameter) so they
had about 1000 lumens on a good ballast. maybe a little
less is driven on the standard magnetic ballasdt used in
aquarium hoods for those bulbs.

2' 14 watt normal output T5s have about 1200 lumens on a
good ballast.

If I know the number on the bulbs, I can maybe tell you
more.

But you probably will have a bit more light from the T5s
than from the T12s.

Scott H.