Re: [AGA Member] moonlight in planted quaria

> Does anyone have any eperience on the effect of
moonlight in planted
> aquaria ?

I have two CSL moon lights on my 75 gallon planted
tank and they have been there for about two
months. Aside from the obvious illumination
effect, I see no difference in behavior. The one
thing I have noticed is that the LED light is
easily blocked so if your plants are at the
surface, the light will not penetrate. The CSL LED
light is a spread out beam so you can put it on an
angle and direct it where you want. Make no
mistakes, these little LEDs are quite bright. I am
more then happy with the two I have on my 75
gallon and I think that more would be too much
light, after all it is night time. Plants have not
responded at all be it good or bad, but the fish
are less likely to sleep in open water and tuck
themselves into the plants at night. I like
comming home from work at 3am and being able to
see my tank without turning on the lights in the
room.
Steve