[AGA Member] Kittenfish

Btw, while finally doing a water change on my 150g after
several weeks, I found about 20 ancistrus babies in the
overflow box. They are about 3/8" to 1/2" and I swear you
can almost see them grow. Anybody know how old they
probably are?  I'd guess several weeks. How they evaded the
ravenous rainbows, I'll never know. I chalk it up to the
intrinsic doltishness of rainbows. While they were in the
overflow, the A. macmasteri was circling, annoyed that
these wigglies were out of reach.

The arrival of these algae eaters perhaps explains why I
accidentally dosed a 1/16 teaspoon of potassium phosphate
into the 15 gallon slow-grow tank. Subconciously, I wanted
more alage?  Talk about needing a water change!

sh

=====
S. Hieber
Aquascaping by Takashi Amano and more at
the AGA 2004 Annual Convention
Nov 12, 13 & 14; Marriott Crystal Gateway, Arlington, Virginia, USA
Aquatic Gardeners Association www.aquatic-gardeners.org