Re: [AGA Member] blue-green water

I have had Green Water a few times and it only
happens to my tank when I do not dechlorinate the
clean water prior to adding it to the tank.
I have also had BGA on different surfaces in the
tank, but never as a bloom free in the water. I
have read many methods of resolve, but the one
that worked the most efficiently was adding a bit
more KNO3 after some physical removal. Because my
tap water is high in PO4, and NO3, NO4 tests
registered a big fat 0, this seemed to be a good
theory, and it worked like a charm.
Steve