[AGA Member] Filtration and circulation

I have a 60 gallon hex tank with a cluster of "baby tears" about 4" in diameter and 8" tall. I also have some hygro and bacopa (in pots).

I use an Eheim 2213 as the mechanical filtration and have a submersible power head to help with circulation. The intake to the filter reaches 2/3 of the distance to the bottom of the tank.

Water chemsitry is fine in the tank but the water looks dirty with bits of debris everywhere. I use a diatom filter after water changes and the water is crystal clear - but it becomes dirty within 2 days.

Any suggestions?