[AGA-Member] AGA Convention 2004

Forwarding for Cristy....

Hi there, procrastinators!

For those of you who have not made your hotel or airline reservations yet, information follows:

AIRPORT INFORMATION:

Planning to fly in?
The airport nearest to the hotel is Regan National (DCA) in DC. There's
Metro Rail service from the airport straight into the basement of the
hotel - only 1 stop away, the fare is $1.35. In addition to that - the
hotel also runs a free shuttle service to and from Regan National.

Besides Regan National, there are two other airports in the area,
Dulles International (IAD) and Baltimore-Washington Intl (BWI).
Check all three airports to see availability and ticket rates - you may
be able to save a decent amount on airfare depending on where
you're coming from and what airport you arrive at.
The hotel's shuttle service is ONLY from/to Regan National. If you're coming
into any other airport, you'll have to arrange for your transportation to
the hotel.

We'll have more detailed information on the hotel and Metro Rail as we get
closer to the date of the convention.

HOTEL INFORMATION:

The convention is being hosted at:
The Crystal City Marriott Hotel
1700 Jefferson Davis Hwy
Arlington, VA 22202

The elegant Marriott Crystal Gateway is just minutes away from
Washington’s Reagan National Airport shuttle bus to the hotel. All of
Washington, DC’s great restaurants and national and historic sites are
also minutes away via Metro. Don’t forget to save a day for visiting the
(free admission) National Air & Space Museum, the National Gallery,
Museum of Natural History, and other sites.

Some additional information, including discount code, available at:
http://www.stayatmarriott.com/AquaticGardeners/

AGA Conference attendees will enjoy a special discounted roomrate
at the hotel. When reserving a room at the hotel - ensure that you use the
group discount code - you'll get a MUCH better rate. If you don't mind
sharing the room with someone else, find a roommate and split the cost
of the room! Post your 'Roommate Wanted' ads on the GWAPA Forum at
http://www.gwapa.org/forum

DC Attractions!:

If you have not been to DC - come in a few days earlier and tour DC!
The Metro Rail takes your into all of DCs attractions right from
the hotel. The room rate discount applies to the few days leading up to
the convention, through the weekend. This will allows those who're coming
in a little early to tour DC to enjoy the discounted room rate.
I know some folks have managed to convince their significant other to
come along - they can tour DC while you attend the convention daytime events
and then they can join you at the banquet that evening.

A few of the attractions include:

* National Aquarium
http://www.nationalaquarium.com/vindex.html

* National Gallery of Art
http://www.nga.gov

* Pentagon
http://www.defenselink.mil/pubs/pentagon

* Smithsonian
http://www.si.edu

* Tourmobile Service
http://www.tourmobile.com

* U.S. Botanic Garden
http://www.usbg.gov

* U.S. Capitol
http://www.aoc.gov

* Washington Monument
http://reservations.nps.gov

* Washington National Cathedral
http://www.cathedral.org/cathedral

* Washington National Mall
http://www.nps.gov

* The White House
http://www.whitehouse.gov/history/tours

* The National Zoological Park
http://natzoo.si.edu/zooview/plants/pollinarium.htm

All of these attractions are very accessible, being walking
distance from Metro Rail stations. Best of all, almost all
of these attractions are open to the public free of charge!

Got questions for us? Post them up on the GWAPA Forum and we'll do our best to help you out.

http://www.gwapa.org/forum

Cristy -- Cheryl Rogers, Membership Aquatic Gardeners Association http://www.aquatic-gardeners.org