Re: [AGA-Member] RO water

I would say depends on what your goals may be.   Not much CO2 will stay in
solution if the water is too soft.  KH around 4 or so is a minimum in my
opinion.  The only reason I can see to go with water so very soft is for
breeding species that absolutely need it - and many of those types of fish
will breed in harder water.  I don't see a benefit for growing plants if the
water is too soft.

I have very very soft well water and have to buffer up to KH of 4 - even
more for my african cichlids.

Terry Barber