Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2005 23:06:05 EST
From: Nickeydundee@aol.com
Subject: [AGA-Member] RE: To much K and step
To: aga-member@thekrib.com

Hello All,
My tank Rachel has been running for 8-9 months now. NH3 and nitrite are
zero KH is 4-5 degrees and PH is set at 6.8 with the american marine ph
controller that is running the CO2. With the bio-balls in the sump I think I can
get rid of them because the plants will use up the NH3 which they like anyway
right? Why make the plants work harder for NH3 then they have to plants grow
bio-balls don't. Or maybe I am wrong about the bio-balls....and should leave
them..