[AGA-Member] Attack of the slime eating Ottocinclus

"Attack ottos" do exist, that's for sure although they're rare. I've only seen them go after discus though. My guess is the discus' nutritous coat is an attractive substitute for the Ottos' usual fare in an aquarium without much for them to eat. The discus' don't usually swim around much or fast enough to dodge the speedy little Ottos. They can be a nuisance though, if left too long they can strip the slime coat of the discus in a few days, especially if there are a number of them around. Anything that stimulates the fishes' slime coat is a good preventative.

Best,
Phil