[AGA-Member] Very Big Swords

Hey y'all.

I have a bunch of swords in my 30-gallon high tank and have been caring for them a little too well. :-) They are becoming huge and blocking the light for all other plants, which are slowly dying out.

I have already removed three of the plants, which served only to allow the remaining swords to grow larger!

How many leaves can I remove without destroying a plant? Is this an effective way to reduce size for a while, or must I start completely over?

Cheryl